Your primary duties will be to:
- Maintain campus cleanliness. Perform custodial duties as required to meet the needs of the department.
- Perform routine maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Report janitorial supply and maintenance needs to the Interim Facilities Director.
- Help train new staff in safety procedures/storage and use of cleaning supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly workshop and work area.
- Recommend long and short-term maintenance and safety priorities and solutions to the Interim Facilities Director.
- Required to work overtime or weekends as requested by the Interim Facilities Director.
- Promote a sense of support and team effort.
- Attend and participate in weekly shop meetings and safety trainings.
- Recognize the historic character and value of campus while performing work assignments and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
- Housing may be provided as a benefit of employment. By providing housing, NatureBridge can ensure that educators are available and accessible to provide support for program participants in emergency situations, and that educators can work odd hours and split shifts required during typical programs.
Who You Are:
- Able to prioritize tasks in order to best utilize the hours in the day to complete all required cleaning and maintenance.
- Proficient in storage and application of all equipment and products used for janitorial duties.
- Able to work well with other NatureBridge staff, Park Service employees, other Park Partners, program participants, and visiting public.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Safety-conscious, flexible, and bring a positive attitude to their work
- Able to lift heavy objects (50 lbs. or more).
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check and have a current valid driver’s license and clear driving record in order to be eligible for employment.
The schedule for this position will vary depending on programming needs. However, the base schedule will be Monday through Friday from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm. The Campus Custodian is required to work overtime or weekends as requested by the Interim Facilities Director. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting and on a historical site with other dedicated staff
We are invested in supporting your professional growth through training, feedback, and a positive work community
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to: GoGaFacilitiesHiring@naturebridge.org. Please address your cover letter to Sean Carter (Mr.).