Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include working with the Facilities Department to accomplish the goals and objectives of the position. Duties will include:
- Maintain campus cleanliness. Perform custodial duties as required to meet the needs of the department.
- Perform routine maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Report janitorial supply needs to the Facilities Manager.
- Recognize and report maintenance needs in and around buildings.
- Help train new staff in safety procedures/storage and use of cleaning supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly workshop and work area.
- Recommend long and short term maintenance and safety priorities and solutions to Facilities Manager.
- Required to work overtime or weekends as requested by the Facilities Manager.
- Promote a sense of support and team effort.
- Attend and participate in weekly shop meetings and safety training.
- Recognize the historic character and value of campus while performing work assignments and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.