Thinking about how to raise funds for a NatureBridge trip can be daunting but we are here to help! Below are some fundraising ideas and resources that many of our schools, teachers, and students have used.
In-School Event Fundraisers
- Movie night - Organize a movie night for the school to watch. You can charge a small admission fee and sell "theater" snacks as well. Usually hosted on a Friday or Saturday night, movies can be watched indoors or outdoors depending on the weather.
- Bake sales
- A-thons - Hike-a-thons, walk-a-thons, jog-a-thons, etc.
- Car washes
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) - Congress recently allocated $1.1 billion for Title IV, Part A of Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Target Field Trips - Funds up to $700 for field trips to enhance their studies in the arts, math, science and social studies.
- Philanthropic Ventures - Funds up to $1,000 for field trips, to cover the costs of "transportation, admission fees and food" for K-5 schools from Alameda and San Mateo Counties
- Save the Redwoods League - Awards range between $1,500 - $5,000 for educational programs in a redwood forest. Can be used for 1-day or 3-5 day trips.