Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborate with Director of Programs to hire, train and mentor education staff:
- Lead new educator hiring processes for mid-Atlantic locations.
- Directly supervise 5-8 educators who are in their first and/or second season teaching with NatureBridge at mid-Atlantic locations.
- Actively engage in staff community by participating in support activities and leading trainings as assigned.
- Conduct field observations, provide ongoing support and feedback to educators.
- Lead by example to demonstrate positive and responsible environmental literacy and behavior.
- Regularly review participant feedback and evaluation data from teacher chaperones and students and address needs and improvements.
Advance organizational equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Cultivate a culturally responsive working and learning community.
- Bring relevance to program content and community relationships including staff, students, teachers and schools.
- Serve as the mid-Atlantic representative on the NatureBridge Equity, Inclusion and Diversity cross-campus team.
Develop, maintain and build working relationships on cross-campus teams.
- Serve as the mid-Atlantic Campus Lead on the Social and Emotional Learning cross-campus team.
- Work closely with hiring managers across campuses to successfully select and support multi-campus educators and Educator Development Program participants.
Support program operations including:
- Oversee staff housing check-in/out.
- Support teaching supply, gear and staff uniform inventory and management.
During Environmental Science program seasons, fulfill responsibilities as needed to teach in the field as an Educator, facilitate meal shifts and provide program support as Site Coordinator, and/or serve as Day Manager:
- Provide essential support during programs and emergencies, including delegation and reporting.
- Provide direct customer service and troubleshooting; mediate conflicts.
Collaborate with the Operations Manager to:
- Conduct parent/chaperone informational meetings.
- Prepare students for their field science experience; prepare and implement pre/post-program classroom-based lessons/activities.
- Ensure consistent customer service and clear handoff of customer information; ensure documents are accessible to program staff.
Collaborate with Sales/Marketing Manager to collect and organize media content related to schools’ experiences, document student experiences.
Other duties as assigned.