Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, identify, rank and steward corporate, foundation and government grant prospects.
- Compose concise analytical briefs and reports that synthesize prospecting and moves management activities effectively and present a well-reasoned plan of action.
Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
- Manage a portfolio of institutional prospects.
- Independently produce excellently written, compelling and research-based narratives, letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports.
- Produce materials to accompany institutional grants, including budgets, financial data, staff biographies, required forms, etc.
- Manage proposal packages via grant websites or submission protocols, monitor progress and outcomes and sustain institutional funders through thoughtful, individualized stewardship strategies.
- Develop a strategy for meeting annual fundraising goals, and engaging new funders by working closely with the, regional directors, campus staff, national development staff, the Senior Leadership Team and the regional and national Boards of Directors to support NatureBridge and to create a culture of philanthropy.
- Carefully track all activities and input information into NatureBridge’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge), update internal records (electronic and hard files) and prepare quarterly work plans and internal reports to assure progress toward funding goals.
- Collaborate with other team members in editing and proofreading written materials; partner with development managers on solicitation strategies and donor logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Grants Officer will exercise independent discretion for more than 50% of their duties.