Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manage individual giving and major gifts programs in partnership with Regional Directors in Golden Gate and Yosemite:
- Drive all aspects of the gift cycle in Northern California: (1) initiating contact with potential donors; (2) developing appropriate cultivation strategies; (3) moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; (4) making solicitations when appropriate; and (5) stewarding donors between gifts.
- Develop and implement strategies to support regional board members in donor engagement and stewardship.
- Identify new donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement donor cultivation events, campus visits and meetings.
- Collaborate with education, operations, sales and marketing staff to promote an organizational spirit of philanthropy.
- Develop donor-related collateral, emails and social media in collaboration with national communication staff.
- Meet personally with donors to build and maintain relationships.
- Maintain and grow individual donor/ prospect portfolio (30 to 100 individuals).
- Drive activity through the Regional Directors using moves management process.
- Join the Regional Director in meetings with prospects.
- Make stewardship visits.
- Ensure database records, files, reports, and resource materials pertinent to major donor relations’ activities (currently Raiser’s Edge, transitioning to Salesforce).
- Partner with the Chief Development Officer, Development Managers in Southern California and the Pacific Northwest to identify best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness in individual giving across NatureBridge.
- Participate in national development team strategy and planning efforts, including donor recognition and stewardship programs.
- Prepare and track annual budget and goals.
- Contribute to board reports and represent development team at regional board meetings.
- Create and maintain systems that promote good working relationships with program and grant staff to ensure clear and timely communication for donor submissions and reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports (internal and external) as required by funders, at the request of NatureBridge leadership, or in alignment with NatureBridge’s development reporting systems of moves management and revenue-to-goal (twice a month).